We are here to support you in your caregiving role by giving you the tools you need to effectively care for your loved one(s). Our website is designed to help you understand what respite is and how we can provide financial assistance to help fund your respite.
Below is information on how you can access the online applications for our respite programs. Please note, you may also call our office at 302-221-2087 or 302-221-2076 to complete the applications over the phone.
Thank you for your interest in applying for respite funds through the Easterseals Lifespan Respite Program, in collaboration with the state Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities. The program has been quite successful over the years, and the need for respite has continued to grow, however, the funding does not always match the need.
This year, due to several factors, we are instituting new procedures around how the respite funds are allocated and used. Primarily, we have significantly less funding than in the last funding year, so we will be able to serve fewer families. Second, surprisingly, many families who are awarded funds, do not use the full amount, and some don’t use any of it – despite numerous reminder emails and phone calls. And finally, we always have a waiting list of families who could use funding, but we are unable to provide any. With these concerns in mind, the following changes are being made:
- Families applying for and awarded funds at this time will have until March 31, 2018 to use the funds
- If the full amount of funding is used during the specified time frame, the caregiver may complete a form to request additional funding
- however, there is no guarantee additional funding will be available
- Any unused funds will be relinquished, and awarded to the first eligible family on the waiting list
- Unfortunately, we will be unable to have families’ carryover funds for respite which will be occurring after March 31, 2018
- All invoices must include a valid phone number for the respite provider so that follow up calls may be made
If you are awarded funds, you will be sent a packet with additional information and the appropriate forms. I know there will be questions as we go through the process, and we will work with families to resolve any issues. We appreciate you all you do to care for your loved one, and want to support as many families as we can with respite funding.
Please click HERE to apply for Easterseals Lifespan Respite Program.
Easterseals Relative Respite
Relative Respite is a program designed specifically for grandparents or other relatives 55 and older who are providing the majority of care to a child under the age of 18.
Please click HERE for information on eligibility requirements and a link to the Relative Respite application.